This workshop focuses on exploring the potential of blockchain technology to advance sustainability and industrial resilience objectives. It aims to understand how this technology can enhance transparency, efficiency, and accountability across various industries, including but not limited to manufacturing, logistics, smart cities and energy. The workshop will delve into how blockchain technology, in conjunction with other technologies can contribute to these goals. It will provide a platform for discussing and debating the challenges and opportunities presented by blockchain technology in the context of sustainability. In addition, the workshop will also consider the impact of blockchain technology on the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Blockchain, with its potential to enhance transparency and efficiency, can play a crucial role in achieving these global goals. From promoting sustainable and responsible consumption and production patterns to enabling affordable and clean energy, the applications of blockchain can be transformative. The workshop will explore these possibilities and encourage research proposals that align blockchain technology with the pursuit of the SDGs. Participants will be encouraged to submit proposals that address the challenges and opportunities presented by blockchain technology in achieving sustainability objectives. This will provide an opportunity for researchers to share their ideas and receive feedback from their peers.
- Blockchain and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Investigating the impact of blockchain technology on the achievement of the United Nations’ SDGs.
- Energy Sector and Blockchain: Investigating the role of blockchain in energy trading, grid management and other energy-efficient practices.
- Energy Demand of Blockchain: Consumption improvements, new consensus protocols, or any solution that improves blockchain consumption.
- Blockchain and Sustainable Supply Chains: Exploring how blockchain can enhance transparency and traceability in supply chains.
- Industrial Applications of Blockchain: Case studies of blockchain applications in various industries.
- Decentralized and Sustainable IIoT: The intersection of blockchain with more sustainable IIoT and industrial robotics.
- Blockchain for Green Energy Trading: Studying how blockchain can facilitate peer-to-peer green energy trading.
- Blockchain and Circular Economy: Exploring how blockchain can facilitate the transition to a circular economy.
- Blockchain and Digital Product Passport: Investigating the role of blockchain technology in creating and managing Digital Product Passports.
- Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs) for Sustainability: Investigating how DAOs can contribute to sustainable business models.
- Blockchain for carbon neutrality: Studying how decentralized systems enables environmentally-conscious applications.
- Decentralized Systems for a Sustainable Future: Explore the decentralized future for improving energy security, cutting carbon, and making communities more prosperous and resilient.
- Óscar Lage, Tecnalia (Spain)
- Cristina Regueiro, Tecnalia (Spain)
- Iván Gutiérrez-Agüero, Tecnalia (Spain)